Planet Fitness Summer Scholarship Challenge
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Void outside of ON, AB, MB, SK, BC and where prohibited by law. Subject to all provincial and local laws. The Sweepstakes Period begins on May 15, 2019 at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on September 1, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. ET; all mail-In entries must be postmarked by September 2, 2019 (“Sweepstakes Period”). Administrator's computer is the official time keeping device for this Sweepstakes.
1. Eligibility: The Planet Fitness Summer Scholarship Challenge (“Sweepstakes”) is open to legal residents of Ontario, Alberta, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, and British Columbia (the “eligibility area” or “territory”), who are at 15-18 years of age at the time of entry. If you are a minor in your province of residence, you need your parent’s approval to participate (as described below). Employees, officers, and directors of Planet Fitness Franchising LLC ("Sponsor"), Don Jagoda Associates, Inc. ("Administrator"), and any of their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, franchisees, mandataries, representatives, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, advertising, public relations, promotional, fulfillment, and marketing agencies, web site providers, web masters, and members of their immediate families (spouses, parents, siblings and children, regardless of where they live) and those living in the same household (whether or not related) (collectively with Sponsor and Administrator, the “Sweepstakes Entities”) are not eligible to enter or win. Participation constitutes entrant's full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and to Sponsor's and/or Administrator's decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Sponsor reserves the right to verify the eligibility of winners.
2. Sponsor/Administrator: The Sponsor is Planet Fitness Franchising LLC 4 Liberty Lane West, Hampton, NH 03842 USA. The Administrator is Don Jagoda Associates, Inc., 100 Marcus Drive, Melville, NY 11747 USA.
3. How to Enter the Sweepstakes: There are two (2) methods of entry:
- In-store registration: During the Sweepstakes Period, you may enter by visiting any Planet Fitness location (located in the eligibility area) with your parent/legal guardian (if you are a minor in your province of residence), signing up for the Summer Challenge and having your parent/legal guardian (or you if you are 18 or the age of majority in your territory of residence) sign a waiver (“waiver”). Once the waiver is signed, you will receive one (1) entry into the Grand Prize drawing and into the applicable First Prize random drawing for the territory in which you reside.
- Mail-in entry: To enter without visiting a Planet Fitness location and signing up for the Summer Challenge, mail a handwritten postcard to Administrator at: Planet Fitness Summer Scholarship Challenge – Canada, PO Box 7762, Melville, NY 11775-7762 containing your (i) full name (if a minor, your parent/legal guardian’s name as well); (2) mailing address, including street address, city, province, and postal code; (3) telephone number; (4) email address; (5) date of birth; and (6) a statement that, “I have read, understand, and agree to be bound by the Official Rules for the Planet Fitness Summer Scholarship Challenge Sweepstakes”. If you are a minor in your state/territory of residence, the mail-in entry must be completed, signed, and submitted by your parent/legal guardian on your behalf. Mail-in entries must be postmarked and sent by September 2, 2019, and received by September 6, 2019. Entries must be in English. You will receive one (1) entry into the applicable First Prize random drawing, based on where you reside, and one (1) entry into the Grand Prize drawing.
There is a limit of one (1) entry per person during the Sweepstakes Period regardless of method of entry. Proof of submission is not proof of receipt by Sponsor. Sponsor has the sole discretion to determine whether an entry/entrant is eligible. Any entry not in compliance with these Official Rules will be disqualified. If you are under the age of majority in your territory of residence, your parent(s) or legal guardian must provide their permission for you to enter this Sweepstakes, and upon Sponsor’s request, you will be required to provide proof of consent.
Entries must be received during the Sweepstakes Period. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void such entries and that entrant may be disqualified.
Incomplete, corrupted, or untimely entries are void and will be disqualified. Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, stolen, misdirected entries, non-delivered or postage-due mail; lost, interrupted, or unavailable network, server, or other connections; or miscommunications, computer or software malfunctions, telephone transmission problems, technical failures, garbled transmissions, or other errors or malfunctions of any kind, whether human, mechanical, electronic or otherwise. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. Entries specifying an invalid, non-working, or inactive email address will be disqualified and ineligible to win.
4. Random Drawings/Winner Notification: On or about September 9, 2019, one (1) Grand Prize winner will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. On or about September 9, 2019, five (5) First Prize winners (1 winner per territory) will be selected in separate random drawings from among all eligible entries received from each territory during the Sweepstakes Period. Limit: One (1) prize per person. In the event there are no entries received from a territory, that territory’s prize will go unawarded. Drawings will be conducted by the Administrator whose decisions are final on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes drawings. No information regarding entries will be disclosed to any third party not involved in the conduct of the Sweepstakes. The odds of winning the Grand Prize will depend on the number of eligible entries received overall. The odds of winning a First Prize will depend on the number of eligible entries received from each territory. Potential Grand Prize Winner (or parent/legal guardian if the winner is a minor) will be contacted via email and will required to sign and return, via email/email link, a Declaration of Compliance (except where prohibited by law), within three (3) days (including weekends) of notification attempt or the prize will be forfeited and an alternate Grand Prize winner may be selected. First Prize winners will be contacted via email and may need to verify their addresses/eligibility in order to receive prize. Potential winners must answer correctly a mathematical skill-testing question without aid of mechanical device or otherwise, to be administered by the Administrator at a time and in a manner to be determined by the Administrator. Return of any prize or prize notification as undeliverable or other non-compliance with these Official Rules may result in disqualification and alternate selection.
5. Prizes and Actual Retail Values (“ARV”): Grand Prize (1): A CAD$5,000 scholarship, awarded as a check made payable to the winner (or parent/legal guardian if the winner is a minor). First Prize (5 total, 1 per territory): A CAD$500 scholarship, awarded as a check made payable to the winner (or parent/legal guardian if the winner is a minor). The total ARV of all prizes is CAD$7,500.
6. General Rules: All provincial and local laws and regulations apply. Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission to use a winner’s name, likeness and entry for promotional purposes without further compensation except where prohibited by law. Winners, by accepting the prize and all entrants, as a condition of entry (or parent/legal guardian if the winner/entrant is a minor), agree, as applicable, to release and hold harmless the Sweepstakes Entities, and their respective officers, directors, shareholders, members, employees, agents, assigns, and all others associated with the development and execution of the Sweepstakes, from and against any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever, for injuries, death, damages, or losses to persons or property which may be sustained in connection with submitting an Entry or otherwise participating in any aspect of the Sweepstakes, the receipt, ownership or use of prize awarded, or while preparing for, participating in or from any prize-related activity or for any typographical or other error in these Official Rules or the announcement or offering of the prizes. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes; violates these Official Rules; acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner; or acts with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for technical, hardware or software malfunctions, telephone failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, garbled or delayed electronic communications, whether caused by the sender, by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes which may limit the ability to participate, or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the Entries and administration of the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the Sweepstakes if it cannot be completed as planned for any reason, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, technical failures or corruption of any sort. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prizes in random drawings from among all eligible entries received per territory and overall, prior to cancellation.
7. Disputes: Entrants/winners (or parent/legal guardian if the entrant/winner is a minor) agree that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or the prizes awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and solely and exclusively in a federal or state court located in the state of New Hampshire in the U.S.; Entrants/winners submit to sole and exclusive personal jurisdiction to said courts in the state of New Hampshire for any such dispute and irrevocably waives any and all rights to object to such jurisdiction; (b) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out of pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys' fees; and (c) under no circumstances will entrants/winners be permitted to obtain awards for and entrants/winners hereby waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrants/winners or the Sweepstakes Entities in connection with this Sweepstakes shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the state of New Hampshire, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules of provisions (whether of the state of New York, the United States, or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the state of New Hampshire in the U.S.
9. Official Rules and Winners List: For a copy of the Official Rules, visit https://www.planetfitness.ca/sweepstakes-rules. For a list of winners available after September 30, 2019, visit https://www.planetfitness.ca/sweepstakes-rules until October 30, 2019.